Author Topic: Got the Cherokee back from the interior shop  (Read 418 times)

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Got the Cherokee back from the interior shop
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:34:57 AM »
Just had the XJ in the shop for some interior work.  The roof liner was all but done and the driver's seat was broken.  I called the guy on the way to pick it up and he told me the seat was broken in 4 places.  They fixed that, some rips on the side of the same seat, and replaced the liner.  The liner looks like the factory liner, they did such a good job, and the seat feels solid.  The other places I went to said they would just rehang the liner.  These guys told me they could do that and it would be cheaper, but because the foam was basically destroyed that it would come back down a lot faster, and that ultimately I'd save money doing it the right way.  New foam, new liner, and it looks great. 

That seat was making a LOT of noise.  Now that it's fixed, there is less creaking as well.

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
Re: Got the Cherokee back from the interior shop
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 04:47:01 PM »
How much for the work?  I bet everything feels more solid with that seat fixed.  4 breaks!  Yikes!
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 11:26:50 AM »
The seat in my Cherokee started making noise toward the end of my ownership.. wonder if it was broken too? Must be a Jeep thing, lol.

The seat fabric is great. When I bought mine I learned that the seat fabric is easily removed, so instead of trying to steam clean the seats, I took the skins off and rinsed them out with a garden hose. Hung them up to dry and they came out looking brand new.

This is the first pic when I was only part way through steam cleaning.

And this is the after, after I realized I could just slip the skins off and basically flush the dirt out with a garden hose. No soap even, just ran water through the fabric until the water came out clear, let it dry, slipped it back on the padding and it's like a brand new seat.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:56:37 AM »
How much for the work?  I bet everything feels more solid with that seat fixed.  4 breaks!  Yikes!

$750 for a new liner, foam, and backing plus the seat repair, and repair of some tears on the fabric of the seat bottom.