Author Topic: Suppose I owe you guys an update!  (Read 538 times)

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Suppose I owe you guys an update!
« on: May 28, 2018, 02:04:14 PM »
Haven't been very active on here or any social media for months..kinda gotten tired of it for the most part. I'm still in the logistics industry, and still have my Harley and the Focus ST.

However, this is a BIG year for changes for me and my family. Six days ago we said hello to our new daughter Alice!

She's happy and healthy, sleeping surprisingly well so far at night, and my wife is doing great as well.

My son James is getting big. 2 years old now. Loves all things mechanical, especially trains and digging machines.

I also had the opportunity to go after an internal promotion at the company I've been with for five years now.  In August we'll be moving to the Memphis TN area. Excited for new adventures down there, but I've been living in eastern IA for almost 20 years now, so this will be a big change for me.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: Suppose I owe you guys an update!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »
Thanks for the update. I miss seeing the pictures of James on Facebook.

Quite a change moving down to TN. It will be tough leaving your extended family and the (free) babysitting but changes can be a lot of fun. We spent four years in FL which was very different. The three years in CT was not nearly as exciting - the only positives being my a fantastic employer and some friends.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
Congrats on such a beautiful family!

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

speedy_2

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:32:50 PM »
Congrats on the baby girl!   Enjoy the move as well.  I'm in north Georgia.  Still about 6+ hours from Memphis though.

87Warrior

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 05:54:39 PM »
Congrats!

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 03:52:37 PM »
Congrats on the baby and the move!  I'll be curious what you think about Memphis.
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
Congrats on the baby and the move!  I'll be curious what you think about Memphis.

I've visited a couple times now, and we have a contract to buy a house in the suburbs. It's a lively city that unfortunately has several large low-income areas. It's better now than it was 10 years ago from what I understand, but crime is still a major problem in certain parts of the city.

Where I'm living and working feels like any small city. Probably won't ever go to Memphis proper unless I'm going to check out some music on Beale or Midtown.