Author Topic: Anyone interested in a 2002 Wrangler?  (Read 414 times)

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Anyone interested in a 2002 Wrangler?
« on: April 10, 2018, 10:26:16 AM »
Mileage: 120,264.  Located in Manassas Park

Black Clear Coat
CHMSL Lamp
Halogen Headlamps
All 3-Speed Automatic Transmissions
Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System
Body Color Grille
Dana 30/186MM Front Axle
3.07 Rear Axle Ratio
Dana M35/194MM Rear Axle
4.0L I6 Power Tech Engine
Ultrahide Cognac Bucket Seats
Customer Preferred Package 24X (not sure what these two packages are, but figured someone might.)
Customer Preferred Package 2TX
Full Length Floor Console
7 Speakers Inc Subwoofer/Tweeters
Full Metal Doors w/Roll-up Windows

It does seem to be an Apex package.  It has the seats, had the sound system, and the radio (though the radio and sound bar have been changed out).  The hood doesn't say Apex, but I saw a couple others on the web that said they didn't either.

Now here's what I've put on it:

Rampage complete soft top with tinted windows (purchased 11/27/16)
Rugged Ridge All Terrain Fender Flare Kit (purchased 2/18/17)
Dirty Dog Rear Netting (Purchased 2/18/17)
Rubicon Express RXT200B Steering Stabilizer (Purchased 3/17/17)
Rampage Combo Brief/Topper (Bimini) (Purchased 3/28/17)
Dome Light Switch (so you don't have to pull the fuse to turn the light off when you remove the doors)
New Windshield Header Seal (4/06/17)
Side Mirrors for taking doors off
Driver and Passenger side windshield door seals (Purchased 5/11/17)
Quadratec Diver Down Neoprene Seat Covers (front and back)
Replacement Door Hinge Bushing (Purchased 12/08/17)
Replacement SubWoofer
Replacement Sound Bar

I'm not sure about the steps, since they were on it when I got it.

Derale Performance 20561 Direct Fit Transmission Cooler (not installed.  I LITERALLY had this on my doorstep Thursday when I got home).

I also have door seals for both doors.  I was waiting for warm weather to install them.

I rolled on some Duplicolor bed liner and removed the carpet since I have big dogs that are dark colored, and the carpet is grey.  I have the carpet that will go with the Jeep.

The lift and tires were installed mid to late January of 2017.  The lift is a Rubicon Express 3.5" with 33" BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA K/O2 tires.  This setup has approximately 10k-11k on it.

Bumpers are Nate's bumpers, installed around July of 2017.  They have extraction points (but I don't have the rings for them, haven't gotten them yet), a push bar on the front bumper with two attachment spots for lights.  The rear has a hitch receiver built in.  The front is winch ready and the rear has a tire swing out carrier.

I also had the side windows on the doors tinted.

As for the repairs I was posting about, transmission was rebuilt at Cottmans of Manassas, transfer case is fine (thankfully it was just linkage!), and the hubs were replaced at the same time since they were discovered to be bad.

Both the Cam and Crank position sensors were replaced (those were kind enough to go out at the same time, which was fun diagnosing).  This was completed last summer.

Thanks to my odd schedule, I have not had it off-road.  I'm asking $8000

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:28:06 AM by Onyx Dragon »

speedy_2

Re: Anyone interested in a 2002 Wrangler?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:57:56 PM »
Wish I was in the market for one.  Good looking Jeep.  Can't believe how they hold their value.  Our MINT 2011 Durango is worth about the same price. lol

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Re: Anyone interested in a 2002 Wrangler?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »
Wish I was in the market for one.  Good looking Jeep.  Can't believe how they hold their value.  Our MINT 2011 Durango is worth about the same price. lol

I'm convinced it's because of the 4.0.  The TJs were the last ones built with that engine.  That and they are very simply to work on, as well cheap to repair.