Author Topic: Oh yeah, by the way..  (Read 351 times)

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
Oh yeah, by the way..
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »
Forgot to update when we got the news.

It's a boy!

Due February 20th. God help us all.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: Oh yeah, by the way..
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 06:28:50 AM »
Nice! Enjoy the freedom for the next few months. First couple years you're really tied down and it can be draining.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »
Congrats, brother. Steve hit the nail on the head though. Definitely take advantage of the next few months.

1995 Eclipse GSX | 2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »
For sure. I live a pretty quiet life anyhow. Got my last kicks in at the race track, got that truck to tinker with when/if I do have a moment to myself (or when I just need to get away for a few). I'm a homebody so it won't be tooooo dramatic of a shift for me.

And thanks for the congrats!

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 12:23:41 PM »
That's how I am so it wasn't a super dramatic shift for me.

Do you have family relatively local? When we had our first son while living in Connecticut, our closest family was 3.5 hours away. The most painful aspect was not being able to just get away for a night. We didn't have anyone to watch our son so we just stayed in all the time. Now that we're in Pennsylvania again, we're 40 minutes from family so going away for a night, weekend, or whatever is an option and it makes a big difference.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 12:42:05 PM »
We're very lucky in that her parents only live about 10 minutes away and they are more than happy to babysit pretty much whenever. They love kids. My mother in law has babysat my sister in law's daughter over the past 2 years, and now that my sister in law's family is moving to Boston, mother in law was actually getting sad that she wouldn't have a baby around the house anymore... so, problem solved!

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »
Good for you. Definitely take advantage of it for you and your wife's mental health.

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 10:55:56 PM »
Useful here:

Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 06:31:38 AM »
Useful here:

I've gotten to where I get up earlier now than I used to, on my own volition. I like the quiet time in the morning.

Before you know it, you'll be teaching your kid how to say "ice cream" like Forrest Gump:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4S0UCJ7GNY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4S0UCJ7GNY</a>

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 07:02:26 AM »
I get up at 5AM on weekdays now, sleeping in is a concept lost on me lol..

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 09:39:09 AM »
Steve, that's hilarious. I thought maybe that's just the way he says it but he says it a few times in the video and you can tell he's playing it up.

I get up at 5AM on weekdays now, sleeping in is a concept lost on me lol..

I noticed you said "weekdays"... :P

This is being a parent: My wife took my oldest to pick up a tux last night (he's ring bearer in a wedding this weekend) and he threw up right before she pulled into the driveway. On his shirt, on his car seat, dripped down onto the Durango's seat, some on the carpet, some into little trim crevices, and of course into the door pocket. She can't handle vomit so she comes inside and tells me I have to take care of it. I cleaned him, cleaned everything as best I could, we took a shower, and he's off to bed at 9pm. I hear him crying at midnight so I go into his room. He pissed the bed and is now throwing up onto his pillow while crying.

What a night.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »
Steve, that's hilarious. I thought maybe that's just the way he says it but he says it a few times in the video and you can tell he's playing it up.

I noticed you said "weekdays"... :P

This is being a parent: My wife took my oldest to pick up a tux last night (he's ring bearer in a wedding this weekend) and he threw up right before she pulled into the driveway. On his shirt, on his car seat, dripped down onto the Durango's seat, some on the carpet, some into little trim crevices, and of course into the door pocket. She can't handle vomit so she comes inside and tells me I have to take care of it. I cleaned him, cleaned everything as best I could, we took a shower, and he's off to bed at 9pm. I hear him crying at midnight so I go into his room. He pissed the bed and is now throwing up onto his pillow while crying.

What a night.

Oh boy. Plastic everything!

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 06:08:05 PM »

What a night.

Yes, this paragraph is a good analogy for parenting in general.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »
Congrats man!!!!!!

If you want to be happy, become the guy you tell girls you are when you are trying to fuck them. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »

Yes, this paragraph is a good analogy for parenting in general.

The saga continued the next night. We were at a rehearsal dinner Friday night for my sister-in-law's wedding. All of Friday he was perfectly fine so I didn't think anything of it. While we're waiting for our dinner, he ate a small roll and some pumpkin soup. He said he had to go to the bathroom so I took him, he peed, we walk out of the bathroom and he starts crying and says his tummy hurts. I took him outside into the grass, he spit a few times, continues crying, no puking. I took him back to the bathroom thinking maybe he just needed to poop or something but no luck. I carried him out of the bathroom and he puked all over my arm and the carpet in front of the bar. I froze - I just had no idea what to do. He's literally throwing up down my arm onto the carpet. Then he said he felt better and wanted a nap (it was 8pm).

I'm glad he doesn't do this very often.