Author Topic: 1985 Jaguar XJS  (Read 904 times)

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
1985 Jaguar XJS
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:10:22 PM »
Traded my Ranger for this today. I was having a tough time selling it due to all the frame repair I had to do and this guy had a Jag laying around that he wanted rid of so it worked out.

The idea is to tear it down and do mild restore on it, make it into a comfortable, reliable car. The interior is pretty good minus the torn up rear seat, body and chassis are decent, typical amounts of rust for a car with 170000 miles on it in West Virginia but nothing unmanageable. There's no engine or transmission so I don't even have to worry about that, I can just buy a kit and throw a Chevy V8 in.  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:44:10 PM by jeepidude »

MadFairlane

Re: 1985 Jaguar XJS
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:38:54 AM »
Cool, A mate and I restored a Mk2 jag a number of years ago... Was an interesting project lol

1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »
Well I WAS looking forward to restoring this one. Unfortunately for me the previous owners were complete morons and this car has been title skipped quite a few times. One of the owners sold it on a duplicate title but found the original and gave it to the new owner who lost the duplicate title and sold it again on the original title (which doesn't work, the original was voided when the duplicate was issued) and then the car was sold and resold repeatedly without being reported to the state to avoid the sales tax. So if I want to put this car in my name I'll have to trace back probably 5 owners. Screw that. I'll just part it out and buy another one. I could force the last owner to trade my Ranger back but I hate that thing and never want to see it again.

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 03:54:12 PM »
As pretty as these cars are, parting it out won't ruin your life and bank account like trying to own one would. 
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?