Author Topic: 2004 Ford Focus SVT  (Read 1017 times)

Slow4g63

• drama queen dsm
2004 Ford Focus SVT
« on: October 31, 2016, 09:47:05 AM »
So picked this up on a whim from a buddy. He got it for $600 kid thought it needed fuel pump and it was absolutely filthy disgusting.

Buddy took all the seats out and deep cleaned it. Found the only reason it wasn't running was the inertia switch. Replaced a tie rod and sway bar link. I bought it for $1100. So he made a few bucks off me but I figure just repayment for back when I bought his old beater civic for $400. Drove the shit out of it delivering pizza and sold it for $950 years ago haha.

Anyway, figure for $1100 it's a decent upgrade over my beater talon though I still think it  could use some new struts. Will get an alignment and oil change this week and then I'll probably just drive it til after winter.

Other misc things: CEL on for o2 sensor, will pick up a rock auto $20 sensor to fix that. ABS/TCS lights are on from an ABS sensor. Common for it to just be wiring from what I've read at the wheels so i'll get it in the air in the next couple weeks and look for any breaks in wiring to at least eliminate that problem. If I can't find it I'm not going to worry about it. Don't really care about ABS or TCS. Windshield has crack. MAYBE will consider replacing it but also not super concerned.

Otherwise has ac/heat, cruise, heated seats, power sunroof/moonroof. A nice stereo. Runs great and trans shifts great.

Had a massive fart can on it when I got it too. First thing I did was jack it up and take my 4" cutoff wheel to it. Hardly got even louder. I'm waiting for my buddy with his shop to hack up some exhaust or something so I can steal a stock muffler off something, really don't care what it is I just don't care to spend the $50 or so I'm seeing stock mufflers going for on egay.

on another note, got the new house the same day!

2006 Chevy Corvette
2004 Honda Civic Ex
1996 Chevy K1500 ExtCab 4x4
1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: 2004 Ford Focus SVT
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:32:46 AM »
With the euro wheels too! Nice.