Author Topic: [FS] 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory (no longer for sale)  (Read 1581 times)

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
[FS] 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory (no longer for sale)
« on: April 17, 2016, 09:09:55 PM »
For Sale: 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory. 5839 miles, located in Irvine, CA. All original, never crashed, never wheelied, clean clear title. I'm the second owner, the first was a very meticulous MSF instructor who bought it new in 2010.

The Factory variant includes forged wheels, carbon fiber body parts, Brembo brakes, and fully adjustable Ohlins suspension. It's about 9lbs lighter than the standard Tuono R. The handling is superb and the engine is strong and smooth. The riding experience is raw, angry, and exhilarating.

The problematic brown connectors have been replaced with proper plugs. Tires are Pirelli Rosso 2's with only a few hundred miles on them. This bike has the later generation Rotax 990 magnesium engine good for about 130-140hp.

I have the original license plate mount and passenger seat that alternates with the cowl you see in the pictures. I also have a spare set of mufflers that I bought with the intent of coring but I never got around to doing.

The bike has been well loved and is turnkey ready, I even just changed the oil and I have an extra 1.5 qts of the Agip oil recommended by the factory. I also have the owner's manual which is also a service manual. I'm pretty sure I have a printout of the shop manual in a binder. The only flaw is a scuff in the rear plastic from something rubbing against the bike while it was traveling in my toy hauler. I'm searching for touchup paint and will buff it out once I find a match.

I'm selling because I have too many bikes and this doesn't get the use it deserves and my riding interests are shifting. I'd really like this thing to go. I'd sell to an AR member for $7k (I have it listed locally for more) I may entertain trades for a low mileage sport touring bike or trade plus cash toward a diesel and/or 4x4 van.   I don't really expect anyone on here to jump on it but if any of you know anyone who is looking, please pass this on.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:34:13 PM by wantahertzdonut »
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
Re: [FS] 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 03:03:28 AM »
I cancelled the sale.  Decided to make this my track bike and I'm selling my 2002 SV650 instead.  I'll make another post when I have a moment.
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?