Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 8057 times)

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 10:59:33 PM »
The only thing that really bothers me so far is the load times when fast traveling. Holy shit it can be really long, even on PC. And it sucks even more when you're fast traveling somewhere just to walk inside a building and turn in a shitty little quest.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 07:05:45 AM »
Yeah sometimes they're 60 seconds or more... Other times it's been nearly instantaneous for me. I feel like there's a memory problem with the game.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »
It's a Bethsada game....the PC version will require 3rd party mods to actually function correctly :lol:
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
LOL Wut... I just use the our main one 65" of Samsung HD goodness... The woman can use the small one in the bedroom lol
It's a TV I use just for gaming so I don't tie up the regular one.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »
Can't stand playing games on PC? WHAT?! It's so much better...

Hell no.  It SUCKS.  It sucks BIG TIME.  I've played games on my PC then played the same game on my consoles, I prefer the consoles EVERY TIME.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
What do you prefer about the console? If it's just the controller, you can easily fix that. Both the PS4 and Xbox controllers work on PC.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 09:40:48 PM »
I'll never be a computer gamer. I like having a console that will play any game that comes out for it and not have to worry about specs. I only use laptops and have no want for having a dedicated game rig. Console is just too convenient.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2015, 10:59:41 PM »
That's a whole different reason though. Saying PC gaming "sucks" doesn't really make sense. If you're willing to spend a little money, a PC will always be superior to a console for gaming. Just the way it goes. You don't even need to spend a ton of money anymore.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 09:20:36 AM »
I'll never be a computer gamer. I like having a console that will play any game that comes out for it and not have to worry about specs. I only use laptops and have no want for having a dedicated game rig. Console is just too convenient.

I have a laptop that is more than capable of running games, I just don't like it.

That's a whole different reason though. Saying PC gaming "sucks" doesn't really make sense. If you're willing to spend a little money, a PC will always be superior to a console for gaming. Just the way it goes. You don't even need to spend a ton of money anymore.

It's the whole thing.  With consoles, I just hit power and start, I don't have to worry about hooking up to a bigger monitor/TV, I don't have to worry about installing a controller, it's all there.  The entire package is literally plug and play.  I install crap for a living, so when I play a game, I just want to be able to push start.  I know that sounds lazy, but when I come home from work, the last thing I want to do is do my job in order to play a game.

There are some benefits to PC gaming, just last night I ran in to a game breaking bug on Fallout 4, and with the command line I was able to skip past that quest since it was breaking at the very end anyway.  That's a huge benefit, compared to consoles which either can't be fixed, or are a bigger PITA to get around.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 11:29:15 AM »
That's not really a fair comparison though. You're talking about a gaming laptop and, more importantly, your particular situation. When people say gaming PC, they're typically talking about a desktop computer that isn't being moved around.

However, even with a laptop, it can be fine with the right setup. If you have an HDMI cable that's always ready to go and a wireless keyboard/mouse, it wouldn't be much work.

I didn't mean to flare a debate or anything. I just think that saying PC gaming sucks in comparison to consoles is a little ridiculous.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2015, 02:31:26 PM »
That's not really a fair comparison though. You're talking about a gaming laptop and, more importantly, your particular situation. When people say gaming PC, they're typically talking about a desktop computer that isn't being moved around.

However, even with a laptop, it can be fine with the right setup. If you have an HDMI cable that's always ready to go and a wireless keyboard/mouse, it wouldn't be much work.

I didn't mean to flare a debate or anything. I just think that saying PC gaming sucks in comparison to consoles is a little ridiculous.

Consoles are far more convenient IMO.  You don't have to build them, you don't have to worry about them not being able to run a game, etc.  Consoles also tend to go several years without needing replacement.  PS3 came out in 2006 and look how long it went before a replacement was needed.  Try and run a game from 2013 in a PC made in 2006.  Odds are that either it's going to be super slow, really bad graphically, or it won't play at all.

I still play some games on PC (World of Warships and Guild Wars for instance) and there are some games that just suck on console (I played Civilization on console recently and found it to not have been worth the time it took to install even and I love Civilization on the PC), but I find the consoles are just far more convenient and easier for the most part.

EDIT: Oh, and I wasn't complaining about my laptop, it's powerful, more convenient, and I can play games anywhere (like I'm doing at work right now :mrgreen: )
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:38:56 PM by Onyx Dragon »

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2015, 02:42:37 PM »
Sure. Definitely more convenient.

But on the other hand, computers have more uses than gaming and streaming. I can't do web or graphic design on my PS4. Consoles also don't multitask unless you count the Xbone with watching TV/Skype but that's very limited.

There's always going to be two sides. I think I was just throw off when you said you "can't stand playing games on PC" which made me think that the actual act of playing a game on a PC was frustrating or annoying. But based on this conversation, that's not the case. It's just that consoles are more convenient.

The whole "PC master race" stuff needs to die for sure. I enjoy gaming on a console. It's nice to sit on a couch and play a game on my 60" plasma. However, there are certain games (types or just specific games like Bethesda stuff) that will always be better on a PC and worth the effort/money to me.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2015, 07:39:07 PM »
I don't recall ever saying PC gaming sucked.  :confused:

As said before I like consoles for convenience, I grab the controller and flip the game on without even getting up (if that isn't American I don't know what is). I don't really use my Kinect (have it aimed down into the back of my soundbar), but even that I can still use voice commands, or use the controller for Netflix/Prime, and mainly FXX to watch random Simpsons episodes.

I have no doubt my laptop can run any new game, but as Onyx said I don't have any inclination to mess around with hooking it into my TV. As a bonus I play live with my nephew in Japan and it's essentially free long distance calling as we talk and play.

I've never understood why diehard computer gamers get so defensive so quick when others prefer a console...the reaction is similar to if someone just slapped your mom. :lol: All platforms have a place, but for me it will always be consoles for gaming.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »
I felt the same. Unimpressed at first but once I got more used to the changes and ventures deeper into the world, it felt more and more like Fallout 3. There's some really cool stuff out there.

Hey, do this: save the shit out of your game (quick save, hard save), load up on anti-rad stuff, dress in your best radiation resistant gear, load your best weapons and head southwest. You'll know when you've made it. I won't tell you what's there, but I will say that the map extends beyond the border for quite a ways. You will also not survive, more than likely.
I dipped on my settlement, but I really should go back and do a few other things. Most of it is done, but the old hag wanting a chair and not accepting any of the one I built caused me to abandon them. :lol:
(click to show/hide)

Brotherhood of Steel is where it's at though, I enjoy walking around in my power armor.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2015, 08:31:41 PM »
I dipped on my settlement, but I really should go back and do a few other things. Most of it is done, but the old hag wanting a chair and not accepting any of the one I built caused me to abandon them. :lol:
(click to show/hide)

Brotherhood of Steel is where it's at though, I enjoy walking around in my power armor.

I'm referencing what you're thinking... But let's just say there a lot more out there.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »
I don't recall ever saying PC gaming sucked.  :confused:

As said before I like consoles for convenience, I grab the controller and flip the game on without even getting up (if that isn't American I don't know what is). I don't really use my Kinect (have it aimed down into the back of my soundbar), but even that I can still use voice commands, or use the controller for Netflix/Prime, and mainly FXX to watch random Simpsons episodes.

I have no doubt my laptop can run any new game, but as Onyx said I don't have any inclination to mess around with hooking it into my TV. As a bonus I play live with my nephew in Japan and it's essentially free long distance calling as we talk and play.

I've never understood why diehard computer gamers get so defensive so quick when others prefer a console...the reaction is similar to if someone just slapped your mom. :lol: All platforms have a place, but for me it will always be consoles for gaming.

The "sucks" part was in reference to Onyx, not you.

I totally get the convenience and, as I said before, I enjoy console gaming myself. However, apples to apples (game quality, control, etc), computer gaming will always be on top. For people who have a desktop for gaming, convenience isn't an issue.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2015, 05:35:21 PM »
The "sucks" part was in reference to Onyx, not you.

I totally get the convenience and, as I said before, I enjoy console gaming myself. However, apples to apples (game quality, control, etc), computer gaming will always be on top. For people who have a desktop for gaming, convenience isn't an issue.

Fair enough, I haven't owned a desktop in 10 or so years. :lol: I might when it comes time to do a home entertainment setup since I like to torrent questionable movies before buying.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2015, 06:14:02 PM »
Fair enough, I haven't owned a desktop in 10 or so years. :lol: I might when it comes time to do a home entertainment setup since I like to torrent questionable movies before buying.

In regards to the laptop, I love mine.  It plays every game out there still, and is two years old.  When I get a laptop, I always get one with top end stuff so it lasts longer.  In addition, I always look for one with a dedicated video card.  In this case, an NVidia. 

Screw-Rice

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 07:13:42 PM »
In regards to the laptop, I love mine.  It plays every game out there still, and is two years old.  When I get a laptop, I always get one with top end stuff so it lasts longer.  In addition, I always look for one with a dedicated video card.  In this case, an NVidia.

I do the same, I won't buy tech at the end of it's life. Saves a lot of headaches to just get the latest and greatest so it wont be outdated in 2 months. :lol:

TheBlackShed

• Bunny in Bag
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2015, 11:56:05 PM »
I've been enjoying it, a lot more to explore than in 3 or NV. 40 hours in and I haven't even reached the Institute yet, but I got side tracked pretty hard with the settlement building.
Choot'em!

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
Added this to my Christmas list :lol: 30 years old and still getting vidya for Christmas :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2015, 11:44:19 AM »
Added this to my Christmas list :lol: 30 years old and still getting vidya for Christmas :lol:

41 and still getting them for Christmas :lol:  Nerds are nerds for life.  It never changes.  This year my mom said she hadn't had time to shop for me, and asked if I just wanted a Gamestop gift card, or if I just wanted to get something off Steam :mrgreen:

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2015, 01:20:57 PM »
My wife's grandmother refuses to give gift cards for Christmas so every year around Halloween she starts asking my wife what I want for Christmas :lol: She's given me cowboy boots the last 2 years and told my wife no boots this year (my Ariats are so comfy doe) so I just kinda had to asspull Fallout 4 :lol: Her aunt drew me in the name drawing and I just told her an Amazon gift card so I can buy books for my Kindle...my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I was like...uhhhhh I need a new body pillow? :lol: Christmas is a hassle the older you get.

His name was Meatywand.

AirForceOne

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2016, 05:19:37 AM »
I'm way behind the curve on F4.  Got it in early December but didn't get a chance to play until I got Shahbaz.  This seemed like it was going to be easy going - picking up power armor at level 2?  Really?! But, as I prgressed into the game, I realized I was dead wrong.  I'm about at L12 now, and I've probably been killed 35-45 times already.  I finally got a decent weapon (Righteous Authority) and I still get jacked up by anything, especially Mirelurks.  Trying to clear the Massachusetts State House with Strong armed with a minigun is on its 6th attempt.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »
I'm way behind the curve on F4.  Got it in early December but didn't get a chance to play until I got Shahbaz.  This seemed like it was going to be easy going - picking up power armor at level 2?  Really?! But, as I prgressed into the game, I realized I was dead wrong.  I'm about at L12 now, and I've probably been killed 35-45 times already.  I finally got a decent weapon (Righteous Authority) and I still get jacked up by anything, especially Mirelurks.  Trying to clear the Massachusetts State House with Strong armed with a minigun is on its 6th attempt.

LOL!!  Yeah, and make sure you modify your weapons and armor.