Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 8796 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Fallout 4
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:00:16 AM »
Anyone playing?

I'm installing as we speak.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:20:06 AM »
I've seen a ton of bitching on /v/ about it...but I may pick it up, I enjoyed Fallout 3 even though I played it WAY after release and didn't get swept up in the HYPE wave.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »
I hear a lot of the bitching had to do with the typical Bethesda bugs and glitches and some minor tweaks to systems in the game... Most people seem to agree it's still the same old Fallout. No microtransactions, no quick time events, just good old explore and hoard.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 03:56:24 PM »
Heard you can get power armor about 30 minutes in...that's either dumb or you're gonna be going up against some serious shit pretty soon.

His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »
Yeah you can, and you can find it throughout the area too, but sometimes the suits aren't complete. They're more like a vehicle that you pilot than just normal armor, in a sense.. and they run out of power so you have to find Fusion Cores to keep them going, which are rare in and of themselves.

Played for a while today... I like it. It's VERY Fallout, feels like Fallout 3 with a bunch of mods installed pretty much.

I haven't seen too much of the map yet, but it seems good. Not sure how it compares size-wise. Haven't come across too many unique buildings (complete with back story) yet, but found a few cool areas.

The new features are fine, I would still prefer if my character weren't voiced but it honestly hasn't bothered me much. The voice actor did a good job.

At its core it's still very much Fallout, like I said it feels like Fallout 3 with mods, which is probably exactly what it is, concept-wise.

The new inventory/looting system is clunky though, now you have to press 2 different buttons depending on if the loot is in a container or if it's sitting out in the open.

The pip-boy interface is a huge downgrade IMO, hopefully someone can mod the old school one into this game.

Game runs OK at medium settings on my PC, everything is up to snuff except my video card so I'd imagine that's mostly the cause.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 12:46:41 PM »
LMAO

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_Da2qtCmY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_Da2qtCmY</a>

Screw-Rice

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 12:48:59 AM »
Just finished downloading this on X1. Didn't get to finish the third (somehow my saves vanished), so looking forward to getting deeper into this one. Like Meaty, I got F3 way after the initial hype, so it's weird for everything I hear to be relevant. :lol:

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »
If you can hold off, I'd marathon the Fallout 3 story really quickly (or YouTube it). It actually ties into F4's story in a pretty cool way.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »
I started playing two nights ago. I really like it so far. It's more of the same, of course, but I really liked FO3 and New Vegas.

I have mixed feelings on the new UI - specifically the looting system. I think it's really smooth but it definitely throws me off. I still walk up to enemies or containers and occasionally hit E to "open" them so I end up looting whatever the first item is.

The dialogue system is... odd. I don't have any issue with the main character being voiced. It doesn't bother me one bit. But it can sometimes be confusing about what your character is really going to say when you choose an option.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
Not impressed with it so far.  Entirely too much "required" stuff like building up outposts.

MadFairlane

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
Might pick it up when its cheaper... Never played the other fallouts but this seems pretty good.

Can you play straight into it without knowing the F3 game? or should I play F3 first?

1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 09:54:37 PM »
Not impressed with it so far.  Entirely too much "required" stuff like building up outposts.

That's not required. Just walk away from it like I did. In fact I completely abandoned Preston and went on to other things. The game never bothered me about it again. He and his crew still went to Sanctuary but it never gets attacked if you don't finish the tutorial for settlements, so you can just ignore it until you're ready.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:51:16 PM by 00XJ »

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 10:52:29 PM »
Might pick it up when its cheaper... Never played the other fallouts but this seems pretty good.

Can you play straight into it without knowing the F3 game? or should I play F3 first?

You can enjoy this just fine without having played F3, but there are some delicious tie-ins that just won't have the same effect if you haven't.

MadFairlane

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 12:49:24 AM »
You can enjoy this just fine without having played F3, but there are some delicious tie-ins that just won't have the same effect if you haven't.

Cool might grab it then, should make the PS4 earn its keep other than netflix and chill lol

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
Just read the synopsis of 3 and then play 4...I may hook one of my 360s back up and play through 3 again before I get 4...but if you don't have the old system there's really no reason to buy a PS3 and Fallout 3.

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 11:15:11 AM »
Just read the synopsis of 3 and then play 4...I may hook one of my 360s back up and play through 3 again before I get 4...but if you don't have the old system there's really no reason to buy a PS3 and Fallout 3.

Of course...if you're like me and have a PS3 and Xbox360 still....

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 11:56:48 AM »
I have 3 Xbox 360s that all still work...my Halo collection got a bit out of hand...got the Halo 3 360, Reach Slim and Halo 4 Slim :lol: And of course the Halo 5 Xboner!

His name was Meatywand.

MadFairlane

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »
Haha. Yeah I've got one of every ps at home lol

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 07:12:20 PM »
I have a PS2, 3 and 4, but I loaned someone my PS1 and all my games and never saw it again.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 08:22:44 PM »
Haha. Yeah I've got one of every ps at home lol
Same with me and the Xboxs...I did have a PS2 for a long ass time but it eventually got worn out...and now that I have an Xboner that can play Blu-Rays I never followed through with my plan to get a PS3 mainly for movies and just the added bonus of games...now its a struggle to resist the urge to rebuy my movie collection on blu-ray :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 10:19:50 PM »
Same with me and the Xboxs...I did have a PS2 for a long ass time but it eventually got worn out...and now that I have an Xboner that can play Blu-Rays I never followed through with my plan to get a PS3 mainly for movies and just the added bonus of games...now its a struggle to resist the urge to rebuy my movie collection on blu-ray :lol:

Probably doesn't matter to you anymore but just a fun fact:
If you still have the PS2, you can adjust the laser "eye". Mine eventually stopped reading discs, took it in and that's what they did. Fixed it. Common issue.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:29 AM »
Ok, after you play a little, the game gets better.  Too bad I'm playing it on PC, can't stand playing games on PC.  Ah well, my gaming TV went out anyway :lol:  I'll have to get another one after Christmas.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 08:43:48 AM »
Can't stand playing games on PC? WHAT?! It's so much better...

I've already downloaded a couple mods like adding more songs to Diamond City Radio, fixing the dialogue UI (shows the full dialogue text before choosing), improved performance, added 400+ more items to settlement building, craftable ammo (like in New Vegas), etc. Very cool.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 01:40:09 PM »
Ok, after you play a little, the game gets better.  Too bad I'm playing it on PC, can't stand playing games on PC.  Ah well, my gaming TV went out anyway :lol:  I'll have to get another one after Christmas.

I felt the same. Unimpressed at first but once I got more used to the changes and ventures deeper into the world, it felt more and more like Fallout 3. There's some really cool stuff out there.

Hey, do this: save the shit out of your game (quick save, hard save), load up on anti-rad stuff, dress in your best radiation resistant gear, load your best weapons and head southwest. You'll know when you've made it. I won't tell you what's there, but I will say that the map extends beyond the border for quite a ways. You will also not survive, more than likely.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:41:44 PM by 00XJ »

MadFairlane

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 04:58:45 PM »
gaming TV

LOL Wut... I just use the our main one 65" of Samsung HD goodness... The woman can use the small one in the bedroom lol