Author Topic: Looking at getting a PS4  (Read 2763 times)

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Looking at getting a PS4
« on: October 09, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »
Are there anythings I should watch for on them, or are they pretty solid at this point?

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: Looking at getting a PS4
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
Haven't heard of any issues. Mine has had plenty of use and it works fine. I really like it. Make sure you get a PS Plus subscription as well. It's worth it for the free games alone. You can commonly find it for around $40/year if you keep an eye out for deals.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:36:00 PM »
It apparently just had a $50 price drop, you know!

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 01:59:02 PM »
My first one failed after like 3 days, replacement has been just fine. Always wait at least a day to install OS updates, they've had a bad record of releasing bad updates that brick the consoles or corrupt data.

Other than that... I love mine. The share play feature is awesome, the video capture (press a button to save a video clip of the last 15 minutes or take a high res screen shot) is a lot of fun when you're playing games like GTA that have tons of memorable moments... It works much like an Xbox 360 in all the best ways.

You won't regret it. Get GTA V, MGS V, and the Uncharted collection. Drive club is an ok racing game but the graphics are amazing - especially the weather effects. Rocket Lesgue is a must have, and it has two player split screen capability.

MadFairlane

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 10:28:16 PM »
I like mine, even if I only mainly use it for Netflix lol...

1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »
I haven't heard any of my friends that have them complain of any issues other than the OS updates Nick mentioned...we're getting closer and closer to Halo 5 launch doe...Xboner has me by the balls...
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 02:48:10 PM »
I haven't heard any of my friends that have them complain of any issues other than the OS updates Nick mentioned...we're getting closer and closer to Halo 5 launch doe...Xboner has me by the balls...

If I were into the Halo series, I might go for the Xbox One first, but I'm really not that in to it.  Microsoft has nothing that ropes me in that is exclusive to them.

speedy_2

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 10:48:58 PM »
What about racing games? I've always been a big Gran Turismo fan.  But, I'm seriously considering going with an Xbox One to get Forza.  The last few GT's have been such a let down. 

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »
What about racing games? I've always been a big Gran Turismo fan.  But, I'm seriously considering going with an Xbox One to get Forza.  The last few GT's have been such a let down.

The last Forza was a disappointment to me, but I did like the last GT...which is a shame, because I liked the previous Forzas.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 10:00:13 AM »
There should be another PS4 price cut coming soon leading into the Holiday Season, I think its going to happen around the 14th...

His name was Meatywand.

speedy_2

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 10:19:53 PM »
Hmm interesting. Would like to upgrade the PS3.  Got Netflix awhile back, and just signed up for Hulu last week.  Does Xbox one have both those apps? I'm still unsure which system to go with.  Been with Playstation since PS1. 

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 11:34:51 PM »
Hmm interesting. Would like to upgrade the PS3.  Got Netflix awhile back, and just signed up for Hulu last week.  Does Xbox one have both those apps? I'm still unsure which system to go with.  Been with Playstation since PS1. 

I don't think you'd be disappointed with PS4. Honestly it does pretty much everything the Xbone does, so as long as you can live without Forza or Halo, I'd recommend the more powerful machine - PS4.

There's already been reports that the Xbone has been pretty much maxed out... Halo 5 is said to be pretty much the best they're gonna get out of that hardware... But here still finding ways to utilize the PS4's power.

Scotty

• AR LATE NIGHT CLUB
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 08:01:24 PM »
I'm probably going to get an XBox One, as soon as M$oft debuts their PC to Xbox streaming service...

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-wants-to-stream-pc-games-to-your-xbox-one/
Please, please, please, let me get what I want. Lord knows it would be the first time.
Quote from: sponty
I have no taste and blow dogs for quarters.
"in the depths were old ones lie, perhaps death itself may one day die"

speedy_2

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 11:55:44 AM »
I don't think you'd be disappointed with PS4. Honestly it does pretty much everything the Xbone does, so as long as you can live without Forza or Halo, I'd recommend the more powerful machine - PS4.

There's already been reports that the Xbone has been pretty much maxed out... Halo 5 is said to be pretty much the best they're gonna get out of that hardware... But here still finding ways to utilize the PS4's power.

That's what I figured, which kinda sucks, because I'd really like to play Forza.  Since the only games I play are racing stuff.......Gran Turismo has just been blah for so many years.  Other than that, I'm basically buying the system for all the other stuff it does. 

Also, does the PS4/Xbox One emulate or play anything from previous systems? 

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 08:02:54 AM »
The PS4 does not have any back compatibility. The alternative is that Sony is making some older games available on either PSN or their streaming service.

Microsoft provides (I don't know if it's released yet) emulation for a list of Xbox 360 games. They claim they will be constantly expanding this list.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

speedy_2

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 05:43:05 PM »
Ok thanks.  Also, I forgot I was keeping up with this

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/

Videos look gorgeous. 

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 09:10:28 AM »
There's already been reports that the Xbone has been pretty much maxed out... Halo 5 is said to be pretty much the best they're gonna get out of that hardware...
Sorta....they dropped split screen local multiplayer on Campaign and XBL to be able to run the game at a higher frame rate than if split screen was still an option, and Halo 5 is gorgeous...but that's the only game I currently have (need to get Mad Max) so I can't really say whether or not its as good as it can get. Titanfall for the Xbone looked great but Halo 5 is better looking for sure.

His name was Meatywand.

speedy_2

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 02:23:26 PM »
Wish these new systems would do two player local on 2 screens with one system.  That would be nice.  I'm not too much of an online gamer.  Local capabilities mean more to me.