Author Topic: Windows 10 - What's the Verdict?  (Read 1735 times)

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
Windows 10 - What's the Verdict?
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »
I'm still very happy with Windows 7. I've got that little "free upgrade" icon staring me in the face every day. Reviews suggest Windows 10 is good, but I want to hear it from people who are actually using it.

Anyone made the switch yet?

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: Windows 10 - What's the Verdict?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »
I haven't switched yet but I'm not interested until they work out the kinks. Now that it's available to all consumers, it will be heavily tested and major bugs will be fixed.

I would give it a few months.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:00:57 PM »
It's a botnet that turns you into a moneymaking machine.

I could provide all the verification if you want, but microsoft wont let you completely disable data retrieval.

They want to mine you for info they can sell. They also scan your hd and send back info of whats on there.

Windows 10 watches you while you sleep.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 09:52:38 AM »
I've got it, it's just eh at best.  Windows Defender doesn't like to turn off, for instance.  It's a little more convenient in some aspects, but to be honest, it's not much of a step above 8 IMO.  Just a little more convenient.  Just not enough to go out and actually buy it.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »
So I've noticed a problem that apparently others have been having.

My computer hard-restarts if I let it idle for a few minutes.

I noticed that the error log corresponds directly with Windows Update, and found out that Windows Update looks for inactivity and installs the updates, then restarts automatically - with NO warning, and it does not save progress. Just a hard restart.

So, the work-around until Msoft gets off their asses and fixes it is to change Updates to "notify me to schedule restart", and in that case you only have about an hour before it automatically restarts unless you set a different time.

Too bad I'm past my 1 month revert period.. I'd have to do a clean install of 7 to go back.