Author Topic: Highway Monitors  (Read 1694 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Highway Monitors
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »
Getting pretty tired of people acting like they are in charge of the highways around here, like some sort of hall monitor.

Driving along I75 yesterday, riding in the right hand lane, cruise set to 73ish (speed limit 70), no traffic for about a quarter mile in front or behind me.

There's this Toyota Highlander in the left lane and I'm gaining in him at a good rate, so I'd wager he was going 60mph or so. He was in the fast lane, mind you.

As I got to within 4 car lengths, he decided to move into my lane, no blinker of course. I wasn't about to swerve into the left lane or slam on the brakes, so I just casually changed lanes and carried on, but yeah I did get within 2 car lengths of him before making my move. Not really all that close to him but as I said, I want going to slow down and get over just to maintain distance when I had plenty of time.

So as I go past the guy, I glance over at him, and he's not only flipping me off, but laying in his horn as well.

Wtf?

Only thing I can figure is that he assumed I was speeding excessively because of the fact that he was going so slow, and wanted to take action against me. I definitely was doing 3 to 5 over, which is standard here in MI (police don't even bat an eyelash because EVERYONE does it), and HE cut me off. What is wrong with people?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:12:19 AM by 00XJ »

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Re: Highway Monitors
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »
Yeah, he probably didn't know the speed limit, which means he is at fault.  Or he could have thought that the existing conditions were not safe enough for 70 and was trying to tell you how to drive based off of his inability.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 02:11:49 PM »
It was cold, but it was light out and the roads were 100% dry. There was a pretty strong cross wind, maybe he was just scared because of it.

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:58:49 PM »
I wouldn't say scared....he had the ability to reach for the horn whilst hanging his finger in your direction.

Sounds like the typical asshole on the roads these days.
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »
The same logic is applied when people see a bad parking job and want to key a car for it. Sure, if you want to incur property damage charges because someone had zero affect on your day, by all means. fucking retards.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney