Author Topic: Destiny and Forza 5  (Read 6246 times)

Screw-Rice

Destiny and Forza 5
« on: December 03, 2014, 07:13:14 PM »
Have both sitting on my table while I wait for my X1 to be delivered sometime tomorrow. Anyone play either of these?I've played every Forza prior to this one, and broke out horizons on the 360 as a refresher.

Never had much interest in playing online, but figured I might as well try a few out.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: Destiny and Forza 5
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:52 AM »
You're going to have to play online with Destiny for it to be fun...I have a bunch of friends that have it, and are into MMO shit, but apparently Destiny isn't very good...but that may be the hype thing since this is Bungie's first game since stepping away from Halo.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 11:36:24 AM »
Yeah we'll see how long I can tolerate a bunch of idiots online if it's anything like every COD experience, I hear people bitch about. :lol:

I got the game for free (wanted Sunset but was out of stock) so figured why not give it a go. Never really got into Halo, so maybe I don't have such high expectations compared to others. Watched a couple youtube clips, appears you can join in missions and stuff as you explore.

Only reason I'm wanting to try online games is so my nephew and I can play since he's stationed over seas for the next 3 years. Doesn't have a lot of liberty so games can help kill some time.

Mods: Can you move this to video games since I apparently don't know how to use teh internets

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »
There was just a lot of hype for Destiny because of how HUGE Halo blew up, so people are expecting Bungie to have that amazing magical touch with Destiny. It looks cool as fuck, but the leveling and MMO elements really turn me off from it because of the FPS style of gameplay. Apparently a good deal of the missions/raids are only doable online...so yeah. But the average Halo/Destiny player isn't a complete fucking moron unlike COD players so you should be ok. I'll get you my buddy Brett's gamer tag, he's a Destiny player and not a moron (Venom knows him as well and can vouch) so he could probably help you learn the ropes.

His name was Meatywand.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »
I have the PS4 Destiny bundle (white power!) and I'm still up in the air with the game. I like it but I don't. The gameplay and leveling is good. There's plenty of challenge. However, I was expecting there to be more of a loot game like Borderlands. Instead, you find just the occasional piece of equipment that gets dropped, the very rare loot cache (usually some money and two equipment pieces), and some missions provide equipment.

I have no idea what's going on with the story.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Screw-Rice

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »
Meaty- The online thing isn't an issue (almost bought TitanFall which is all online), got a good deal on a year of live. I'm down for getting a hand on getting familiar with this game. I'll try it and see what happens. Hopefully the FPS aspect is setup decently, I'm burned out on those type of games after playing BF4.

Kalgorn- Is it setup where you have to buy upgraded gear/weapons or is it luck of the draw of finding better stuff?

Worse case, I don't like the game, and I craigslist it by the weekend or so. I paid $0 for it (part of my X1 bundle) so it's not like I'll be out anything.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
You can buy equipment but the drops are also perfectly viable. There are some special equipment drops that I believe you find while killing enemies but they're high level.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 02:41:08 PM »
Dude...get Titanfall and I'll high jack my bro in law's Xbone again and play with you! That game is fun as fuck!

His name was Meatywand.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »
Dude...get Titanfall and I'll high jack my bro in law's Xbone again and play with you! That game is fun as fuck!

That good huh? Fuck it, I'll snag a copy and we can tear that shit down.

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 03:19:56 PM »
Destiny, you will always be "online" when you play, but you never have to interact, or even listen to other players if you don't want. It's a pretty solid game for the first little while, but then it just gets the point where's it's a lot of repetitive grinding. It's a good game, but not the game it should have been. Activision completely murdered what was supposed to be amazing.

Quote from: meatywand
Mr. Bagged Milk Maaaaahzda. :lol:

Screw-Rice

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 06:21:34 PM »
Destiny, you will always be "online" when you play, but you never have to interact, or even listen to other players if you don't want. It's a pretty solid game for the first little while, but then it just gets the point where's it's a lot of repetitive grinding. It's a good game, but not the game it should have been. Activision completely murdered what was supposed to be amazing.

Well that's kind of disappointing to read. Guess I'll play until the novelty wears off and then sell it. Part of the reason I am always hesitant to buy new games, but when I do I play heavily for a week or two so if it sucks or I beat the game I can sell while it has some value. 

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 09:33:15 PM »
So far, the solo play is pretty boring. I think it would be a lot more fun with a friend or two but it's still not living up to the hype.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 12:14:13 AM »
Definitely glad I am into the game for $0 then. :lol:

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish

Screw-Rice

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »
Here's part of the issue:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/

Clears a lot of things up, thanks.

I'm into the game about an hour or so. Done 3 or 4 missions, and it is getting a little repetitive already. Will play a little more to see if it gets better.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 06:14:51 PM »
I'm into the game about an hour or so. Done 3 or 4 missions, and it is getting a little repetitive already. Will play a little more to see if it gets better.

That's exactly how I felt. I've got a level 11 Warlock and I'm already kind of getting sick of the game. I need friends. :(

Screw-Rice

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 08:08:54 PM »
That's exactly how I felt. I've got a level 11 Warlock and I'm already kind of getting sick of the game. I need friends. :(

Same here. Friends may break up the monotony. Let me guess, you're on PSN since I'm on Live. :lol:

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 10:08:02 PM »
Bingo. ;)

I do have a couple friends that play but coordinating is really difficult, especially since my son was born.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:08:55 PM by Kalgorn »

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 03:58:49 PM »
Forza 5 is micro-transaction hell.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
Forza 5 is micro-transaction hell.
Es-plain

Haven't played much, but did have 6 cars given to me for apparently no reason. :lol:

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »
Destiny is a ton of fun, at least it has been for me. I've always been fond of RPG games, so the whole leveling up/level grinding aspects to the game doesn't bore me at all.

When you hit level 20, it gets interesting on how to level up, as you need to find armor with more "light", and level up the pieces of armor to keep getting stronger.

After hitting level 18 or 20, you can start doing the daily and weekly heroic missions, which net nice rewards and such. Also, the daily bounties really make it worth level grinding and doing daily/weekly heroic missions. Plus, all the things to find on each zone, loot chests and such. I've put a lot of time into it already with Mick and his cousin. I have a level 27 Titan and level 8 Warlock and I've only had the game for less than three weeks. It's far more fun with friends.

Also, the first expansion pack comes out today and I'm amped for it.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 11:10:48 PM »
Just picked up Destiny...if we aren't friends on XBL already send me a Friend Request Chaos...and help a newb get into the game...don't know when I'll be on yet, Haunt is kinda hectic getting ready for Krampus Kristmas, but I'll probably have time this weekend.

His name was Meatywand.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 02:23:23 AM »
Just picked up Destiny...if we aren't friends on XBL already send me a Friend Request Chaos...and help a newb get into the game...don't know when I'll be on yet, Haunt is kinda hectic getting ready for Krampus Kristmas, but I'll probably have time this weekend.

Well screw you too, since you don't want to be my friend. :lol:

I haven't touched a game in a few days, think I'm only like a level 4 or 5.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 07:00:26 AM »
 :slap2:

Don't think we are, my gamertag is ChaosweaveR03.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
Just played a little bit of Forza 5. What a disappointing game that is compared to the rest of the series.