Author Topic: [Movie] Gone Girl  (Read 1078 times)

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
[Movie] Gone Girl
« on: October 19, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
Gone Girl is a 2014 action/mystery film directed by David Fincher (who also directed Fight Club and The Social Network). It's based on the novel of the same name written by Gillian Flynn. It stars Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, and Neil Patrick Harris.

Gone Girl follows the story of Nick Dunne (Affleck) starting on the day his wife Amy (Pike) has gone mysteriously missing..on their anniversary nonetheless. What ensues is a deep investigation into the lives of both Nick and Amy as Nick and local law enforcement search for clues about her disappearance. I won't go any deeper into the plot because it's easy to risk spoilers with this movie.

I'll preface my review by saying this is the best mystery film I've seen in quite some time. From the get-go, you're asking questions. You're questioning the motives of every single person who hits the screen. David Fincher reveals just enough in every scene to put you on the edge of your seat for the next move forward. The movie makes a few familiar cliches and seems to have fun with them. The dialogue is punchy and witty without being dishonest.

Toward the middle of the movie, things start to unfold quickly and left me slack-jawed a couple times. This story has so many fresh ideas, and is really hip to current culture. The ending was a wild ride. Things happen so quickly you can hardly process the depth of each scene and each character as your emotions go on a roller coaster ride.

If you want a good who-dun-it or just a great way to spend 2.5 hours, you need to see this movie. I am considering going a second time just so I can take in more of the details and tiny dialogue elements.

9/10...really damn good movie.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:11:50 PM by angry hampster »

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
Re: [Movie] Gone Girl
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »
SOLD. Been waiting for a review on this, gonna try and see it this weekend!

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney