Author Topic: EA supposedly has finally learned from its mistakes  (Read 2610 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
EA supposedly has finally learned from its mistakes
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:03:04 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/05/andrew-wilson-of-ea-we-never-want-to-be-worst-us-company-again

EA rep Andrew Wilson has come out and said that in a strong effort to never be named "Worst company in America" ever again, they've finally swallowed their pride and opened their ears to what the community has been saying all along.

Evidence of this is that EA has decided to allow the development team for the next Need for Speed title more time to make the game they want to make, as opposed to slapping it together to meet the fiscal deadline. They've pushed back release dates on several other projects as well to ensure the dev teams have the time to make the games the right way instead of rushing through it.

On top of that, Wilson claims that EA will, from now on, cease to be secretive of its up coming projects and likely run open-betas with many of its titles, taking community feedback and using it to create the games the PLAYERS want, as opposed to what EA views as the best way to make money.

If all of this is true, then EA truly has learned from their mistakes, and could easily be a powerhouse game publisher in the near future.

Only time will tell.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
Re: EA supposedly has finally learned from its mistakes
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:53:48 PM »
Now do away with all the bullshit DLC and micro transactions and fix Origin and we'll be getting somewhere.

Not that EA was ever truly the worst company in America, neckbeards just take their vidya entirely too seriously.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 08:55:10 AM »
neckbeards just take their vidya entirely too seriously.

It's a hobby, mate. People enjoy their hobbies.

Also, when did you become the intellectual authority deciding on the merit of people, much like yourself, whom are critical of this company's practices?

I could argue that you take this website too seriously; and win.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »
>On top of all the missing features, EA withheld review copies of Sims 4 until release, presumably because of the shit reception it's been getting

Nah they're as bad as ever

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 07:46:59 PM »
It's a hobby, mate. People enjoy their hobbies.

To the point of voting a video game publisher as the single worst company in a america?  That's beyond just enjoying a hobby, that's being a child.

I spend an above average amount of my time playing vidya across multiples platforms, and disagree with a number of EA's practices, but come on, worst company in America?

Also, when did you become the intellectual authority deciding on the merit of people, much like yourself, whom are critical of this company's practices?

On September 08, 2014, at about 09:53:48 PM Central Time.

I could argue that you take this website too seriously; and win.

A year or so ago?  Maybe you could.  Lately?  Good luck with that.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Not ONE other company gives even one iota of a fuck if they win that award

Only EA cried about it when they won

That's why it was so fun

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 07:14:53 AM »
Well, EA has been known to buy out smaller studios promising a bigger canvas for their IPs, then forcing them to water down their games and make them "more accessible", and when those games don't sell as well as EA predicted, they shut the studio down.

That's a pretty shitty practice.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »
I'll believe it when I see it.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »
To the point of voting a video game publisher as the single worst company in a america?  That's beyond just enjoying a hobby, that's being a child.

I spend an above average amount of my time playing vidya across multiples platforms, and disagree with a number of EA's practices, but come on, worst company in America?

On September 08, 2014, at about 09:53:48 PM Central Time.

A year or so ago?  Maybe you could.  Lately?  Good luck with that.

Nigga, I was juss makin a point.

WAS DIS GOTTA DO WIT GAMES, MAYNE?!

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.