Author Topic: [Album] RiFF RAFF- Neon Icon  (Read 1316 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[Album] RiFF RAFF- Neon Icon
« on: August 26, 2014, 06:21:55 PM »
FULL DISCLOSURE: I kinda have a no homo man crush on Riff because he's gotten rich off of just essentially being a huge troll.

So Neon Icon is Riff Raff's first actual album. It was released via Diplo's Mad Decent label, and Diplo himself produced many of the songs on this album. This shit was originally supposed to drop in 2013....and it finally came out a few months ago. After giving it some time and then revisting it, I can finally give it an honest review. Musically I really dig most of the beats, especially Versace Python, Time and How to Be The Man. There are also a couple really bad ass guest spots, like Childish Gambino and Paul Wall. Lyrically though...I just...it's hard for me to get into Riff trying to take shit seriously. The rhymes here are more coherent and not nearly as stream of consciousness as his older shit. I liked his old shit that didn't make fucking sense. I mean don't get me wrong, there's some good shit on this album, and several fantastic hooks....but it just doesn't have the bizarre quality that made me like Riff in the first place.

6.5/10
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: [Album] RiFF RAFF- Neon Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:34:06 AM »
His music is not for me. I will provide this, though:

SPRAAANG BREAAAAAK

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: [Album] RiFF RAFF- Neon Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 10:24:10 PM »
Muh Benjamins
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.